Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Incredible Shrinking Woman



I'm not a big fan of change. That's putting it mildly. It's more accurate to say that any change freaks me out to the point where the only appeasement is to make detailed To Do lists, plan a week of menus and organize the freezer. What can I say? I'm a girl who likes to plan.

Since I involuntarily had to let go of some things this year,

*cough* - husband/divorce - *cough* - Grandfather/death - *cough* - apartment/income - *cough* - freedom/Grandmother - *cough* - friends/married people think divorce in contagious - *cough* - Internet/aforementioned Grandmother thinks it's evil - *cough* - family/apparently I have exhausted my allotted time frame to grieve for husband & Grandfather and should be all chipper again - *cough**cough**cough*

I decided to voluntarily let go of something I've been holding on to for a long time, my old clothes.

Let it be noted that I am not now, nor have I ever been materialistic. My choice to hoard sweaters, skirts and the like from my younger (and albeit thinner days) is almost purely financial. Almost.

A massive, three-day consignment event is coming up and I am bidding goodbye to Jennie circa (mumbling a year) once and for all.

Going through the Rubbermaid boxes of clothes I remember wearing to homecoming games, special dates, Christmas parties and weddings it's hard not to be nostalgic. But I'm on a mission here so I'm tagging my memories for about $2 a pop. HA!

There's one other thing I've lost over the months...weight! And while sorting my piles I decided to try on a few just for fun. I know what you're thinking and NO, I didn't keep all the clothes. I limited myself to 5 things to keep from several hundred so shut it.

In keeping with the theme of this blog and being all happy and crap I am looking on the bright side. I'll have more space, earn a bit of money and have rediscovered the cutest Banana Republic skirt I can proudly park my incredibly shrinking behind into.

No comments:

Post a Comment